John Yeager from Alaska Charters & Adventures is the man! My husband and I were in Wrangell for a wedding and he came highly recommended to us by some locals. He was super knowledgeable, friendly and helpful taking us King Salmon fishing.
Saltwater Fishing Day Charter
World-Class Saltwater Fishing
Fantastic Saltwater Fishing in Alaska’s Inside Passage
Spend a full day with us aboard our fast and comfortable boat as we take you on a world-class saltwater fishing day charter in the famous inside passage of Alaska. Let our friendly and professional guides make sure you enjoy some of the best fishing that Alaska has to offer. Our fast and spacious boats will have you in the action quickly. Don’t miss the spectacular scenery and the possibility to see wildlife and marine mammals in this beautiful part of the world. You can fish for multiple species including salmon and halibut. We offer you the opportunity to catch a Sizable Bonus Fish (see more information about GAF on our halibut page). Our charters are customizable so be sure to talk to your guide to make this day a memorable one.
Catch the finest salmon Alaska has to offer
Enjoy halibut fishing in Alaska and seek out that Sizable Bonus Fish (click here for a further explanation)
Allow our professional guides to help you target your species of choice
Spot marine mammals and other incredible wildlife and behold the wonder of the Alaskan landscapes
Stay comfortable in our large heated cabin with an onboard marine toilet.
Relax aboard our fast boats cruising on calm waters
US $350 per person, contact us regarding private boat rates
Downtown City Dock – Summer float (in front of the Stikine Inn) or other pre-arranged location
May 15 – September 15
2 people minimum, 6 maximum – call for all other options
- All bait, tackle, and fishing gear
- Full time professional guide and captain
- Coffee, tea, soda, and bottled water (to minimize waste we encourage you to bring your own reusable water container.)
- Fish filleting, vac packing, and freezing
- Alaska fishing licenses & king salmon stamps (can be purchased on board), fish boxes, and shipping.
What to bring
- Light rain gear
- Comfortable footwear
No previous experience required
What to Expect
Your exciting day starts in Wrangell, Alaska, at the mouth of the famous Stikine River salmon runs. Our fast, comfortable, and well-appointed boats will take you out on the pristine, remote, and uncrowded waters that deliver world-class fishing. There is something for everyone, you can also target multiple species and choose the number of days you would like to fish.
- Be sure to book well in advance.
- We encourage you to arrive 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
- Everything you need to fish is on board the boat.
- A fishing license is required
- We require a 50% non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. The balance due will be payable at the end of your tour.
- We recommend Travel Guard insurance. You can visit www.travelguard.com for more details.
- Fuel surcharge – if fuel reaches $5 or more per gallon, there will be a $5 per person/per day surcharge added to your final payment at the end of your trip.
- COVID-19 POLICY – Alaska Charter Fishing is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers and guests. To ensure this, we have developed a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the pandemic. Our managers and crews are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and community, and that requires full cooperation among ourselves and our clientele. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the health and safety of our clientele, workers, and workplaces. (Full Covid-19 Guide Here)
- For more information about this tour, additional fishing days, additional nights lodging, dinners, upgraded accommodations, private vessels, wildlife excursions, or help with planning your trip please call us at (888) 993-2750 or contact us.
Alaska seafood is a sought-after and prized sustainable resource. We promote both catch-and-release and the benefits of eating and sharing your catch of some of the world’s finest seafood. We kindly ask that you only take what you can use. If you need us to process your catch, here is what we can do for you:
- We will process your catch and store it for the duration of your trip with us. We will clean and fillet your catch at the dock and then transport the fillets by food-safe containers to our processing facility. There we cut your catch into 2-person portions, package, and vacuum seal each bag in our commercial-grade sealers.
- Your packaged catch is then placed into our blast freezer where the packages are laid out on a metal rack system with your name on it. Your catch is labeled from the very start and until we box it up for you to take home as part of your baggage. We make sure you get your fish!
- Included is processing (fish filleting, vac packing, and freezing). Insulated fish boxes are available to purchase.
- Fish boxes with insulated liners and 2 gel packs are $18.00 each.
- We can also ship to your doorstep using Alaska Airlines Air Cargo and FedEx Gold Rush services. Shipping costs cannot be determined until the box is weighed at Air Cargo and booked a space on the aircraft.
- If you have more questions about shipping your catch, please feel free to ask for more details.
OUR GUEST REVIEWS
Perfect day, perfect catch and great captain and assistant. Loved it!