Great experience, very professional
Freshwater Fishing Day Charter
Scenic Freshwater Fishing
A Full Day of Freshwater Fishing In Alaska
Hop in a small boat or truck to access some of our many streams and river systems for some lively freshwater fishing. Our destination will determine spin or fly gear and species. These species might include cutthroat, dollies, or rainbow trout and salmon. Surrounded by pristine wilderness, you often can even see a beautiful trout take your lore and prepare for a battle as you reel in a variety of species. Kneel down for a quick photo opportunity before gently releasing your fish back into the wild. You might consider saving one for dinner. Whether seldom traveled back roads or remote locations by jet boat, Alaska Charters Fishing has the guides, equipment, and necessary permits to take advantage of the diversity of spectacular large rivers or small quiet streams.
Reel in a variety of fish species from trout to wild Alaskan salmon
Walk along the picturesque streams and riversides in the old-growth forest
Seek out that perfect riffle or pool
Cast just under the cut bank anticipating the hookup
Feel the satisfaction of gently releasing a wild trout back into a glimmering emerald pool
Take great photos with your family and friends soaking up the amazing scenery and savoring the good times
US $368 per person
Downtown City Dock – Summer float (in front of the Stikine Inn) or other pre-arranged location
May 15 – August 31
2 people minimum, 4 maximum
- All bait, tackle, and fishing gear
- Coffee, tea, soda, and bottled water
- Alaska fishing licenses
What to bring
- Your favorite rod (if you have one!)
- Light rain gear
- Waterproof boots
- Fleece jacket
- A light day pack or boat bag is good to keep these extra layers and your personal belongings close throughout the day
- Don’t forget your camera!
- Contact us for waders and boot availability
No previous experience required
What to Expect
The choice of destination will determine your activities and potential catch for the day, you can choose from spin or fly fishing – the species you catch may include cutthroat, dollies, rainbow trout, and salmon. Be prepared for casual strolls in old-growth forests alongside streams and rivers. We will be taking in remote water locations by jet boat or truck down seldom-traveled back roads on land. Be sure to call and talk to our guides about your goals and targeted species so that we can help plan your best freshwater fishing experience.
- Be sure to book well in advance.
- We encourage you to arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to your departure time.
- Everything you need to fish is on board the boat, but you are welcome to bring your own rod and waders
- A fishing license is required for every angler.
- We require a 50% non-refundable deposit at the time of booking. The balance due will be payable at the end of your tour.
- We recommend Travel Guard insurance. You can visit www.travelguard.com for more details.
- Fuel surcharge – if fuel reaches $5 or more per gallon, there will be a $5 per person/per day surcharge added to your final payment at the end of your trip.
- COVID-19 POLICY – Alaska Charter Fishing is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our workers and guests. To ensure this, we have developed a COVID-19 Preparedness Plan in response to the pandemic. Our managers and crews are all responsible for implementing this plan. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and community, and that requires full cooperation among ourselves and our clientele. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the health and safety of our clientele, workers, and workplaces. (Full Covid-19 Guide Here)
- For more information about this tour, additional fishing days, additional nights lodging, dinners, upgraded accommodations, private vessel, wildlife excursions, or help with planning your trip please call us at (888) 993-2750 or contact us.
OUR GUEST REVIEWS
Perfect day, perfect catch and great captain and assistant. Loved it!